Beta AR Jacket Men's
If you're only going to own one hardshell jacket, the Arc'teryx Men's Beta AR Gore-Tex Jacket is the one to get. Incredibly tough and weather-proof, the Beta is durable enough for climbing and mountaineering, breathable enough for hiking and cycling, and stylish enough to wear as a rain jacket around the city. The Beta's expertly designed helmet-compatible hood means this jacket can be cinched down tight against the wind, with or without a helmet.
Packable, breathable, durable waterproof protection across the spectrum of alpine environments and activities, the Beta AR Jacket is created to deliver performance versatility. The GORE-TEX PRO with Most Rugged Technology - a next-gen material we developed in collaboration with Gore - delivers maximum durability. The helmet compatible DropHood™ has an internal collar for added protection and an embedded RECCO® reflector improves searchability in emergency situations.
The redesign includes updated fabric to GORE-TEX PRO with Most Rugged Technology, RECCO® reflector and updates to the hood and collar for improved fit.
- Micro-seam allowance (1.6 mm) reduces bulk and weight
- Laminated high-strength hanger loop
- Taped seams for added weatherproofness
- N40d Most Rugged 3L GORE-TEX PRO in the main body keeps jacket light and supple
Design & Fit
- Regular fit ensures optimal ventilation with comfort and mobility
- Longer length for additional coverage
- Anatomical shaping for fit and comfort
- No-lift gusseted underarms
- Laminated brim
- Helmet compatible DropHood™
- Cohaesive™ hood adjustments for ease of use with mittens or gloves
- Updated hood and collar for improved fit
- Chin guard with brushed microsuede facing for added comfort
- Stand up collar
Zippers & Fly Configuration
- WaterTight™ external zippers
- Pit zippers for easy venting
- Corded zipper-pulls reduce noise and are easy to grab
- WaterTight™ Vislon front zip
- RS™ (Rain Shield) pocket zipper sliders
Cuff & Sleeves Configuration
- Die-cut Velcro® cuff adjusters reduce bulk, and won't catch or tear off
- Drop back hem
- Adjustable hem drawcord
- Laminated hem
- Internal chest pocket with laminated zip
- Two high-volume hand pockets
- Note: Our WaterTight™ zippers are highly water-resistant, but not waterproof. We do not recommend keeping items in your pockets that may be damaged by moisture
- Hardwearing N80d Most Rugged 3L GORE-TEX PRO reinforces high wear areas
- RECCO® reflector in the collar
- Dope dyed Kingfisher colourway
- Contains materials that meet the bluesign® criteria
- DWR (Durable Water Repellent) finish repels moisture
Regular Fit, Hip Length, Centre back length: 77 cm / 30.4 in
460 g / 1 lb
- N80d Most Rugged 3L GORE-TEX PRO - reinforcements
- N40d Most Rugged 3L GORE-TEX PRO
- Machine wash in warm water (40°C).
- Double rinse.
- Do not use fabric softener.
- Tumble dry on medium heat.
- Do not iron.
Paddy Pallin is proud to stand behind the products we sell. Should you change your mind, you are welcome to return goods for a refund or exchange within 90 days from receipt of goods. Goods must be accompanied by proof of purchase, be in original purchase condition and include packaging. No returns on underpants, safety, face masks or climbing gear. Read our returns policy here.
Join the Paddy Pallin Club for $10 to receive a 10% discount on all future purchases. * Lifetime Paddy Pallin club membership includes benefits such as exclusive Club Member sales, promotions, and events! Click here to become a member today.
*Applies to ranged stock only. Not applicable to gift cards, services such as repairs, and Oxfam Trailwalker merchandise. Discount may not be used in conjunction with any other offer.