GRIGRI + is a belay device with assisted blocking and an anti-panic handle. The cam-assisted blocking function makes belaying more convenient when a climber is working a route or when catching a fall. The design of the handled camming mechanism enables exceptional descent control. The selector knob allows the user to choose between two belay modes: top-rope or lead climbing. The top-rope mode and the anti-panic handle make the GRIGRI + particularly suitable for learning to belay. Compatible with single ropes from 8.5 to 11 mm. Its stainless steel wear plate makes it suitable for intensive use, both in the gym and at the crag.
- Belay device with cam-assisted blocking, designed for the gym and crag:
- feeding slack and catching falls are accomplished using standard belay techniques, always keeping a hand on the brake side of the rope
- easier belaying, thanks to its cam-assisted blocking: when the climber falls or is at rest, the rope tightens, making the cam pivot to pinch and block the rope
- cam-assisted blocking offers leeway for the brake-side hand position, regardless of the angle between the climber side and brake side of the ropes
- rope installation diagram engraved on both the inside and outside of the device
- Exceptional convenience when lowering:
- the ergonomic handle allows you to easily unblock the rope and lower someone
- easily controlled and progressive rope feed provides smooth and comfortable descent
- 3:1 mechanical advantage of the handled camming mechanism helps control rope feed on small-diameter ropes and requires less effort on the handle for large-diameter ropes
- Particularly suitable for learners and for intensive use:
- anti-panic handle: if the user pulls too hard on the handle, the anti-panic function engages
- the lockable selector knob allows you to choose either top-rope or lead belay mode. The top-rope belay mode facilitates taking in slack and makes for a more comfortable belay
- compatible with all 8.5 to 11 mm dynamic single ropes and optimized for those 8.9 to 10.5 mm
- great durability for intensive use, thanks to the stainless steel wear plate
- Weight: 200 g
- Rope compatibility: 8.5 to 11 mm single rope
- Material(s): aluminum side plates, stainless steel friction plate, cam and wear plate, reinforced nylon handle
- Certification(s): CE EN 15151-1, UIAA
Paddy Pallin is proud to stand behind the products we sell. Should you change your mind, you are welcome to return goods for a refund or exchange within 90 days from receipt of goods. Goods must be accompanied by proof of purchase, be in original purchase condition and include packaging. No returns on underpants, safety, face masks or climbing gear. Read our returns policy here.
Join the Paddy Pallin Club for $10 to receive a 10% discount on all future purchases. * Lifetime Paddy Pallin club membership includes benefits such as exclusive Club Member sales, promotions, and events! Click here to become a member today.
*Applies to ranged stock only. Not applicable to gift cards, services such as repairs, and Oxfam Trailwalker merchandise. Discount may not be used in conjunction with any other offer.