Alto TR2 PLUS Ultralight Backpacking Tent
The two-person, semi-freestanding Alto TR2 PLUS with full fabric inner, is where ultralight tents meet class-leading space and comfort for cooler climates.
* Patent-pending Tension Ridge Architecture creates class-leading usable space, height and climate control
* Oversized Apex Vent efficiently expels hot air to prevent condensation build-up
* Baseline and Apex Vents work together to create superior airflow and are easily adjusted from inside the tent
* Breathable Nylon fabric canopy with seam-taped 2500mm waterhead floor for dependable performance in cold and wet conditions
* Dual layer adjustable vents on inner ceiling and doors allow airflow without compromising insect protection
* FairShare Storage System allows you to distribute weight evenly between friends or within your pack
* Lightbar: tent pole bag doubles as a ceiling-mounted light-diffuser, when used in combination with your headlamp
* Patent-pending and easy-to-use Quick Connect Tent Feet allow one-handed attachment and adjustments
* Ultimate versatility with five set-up configurations: Dry Set-Up, Fly Only, Inner Only, Partial Fly and Classic Mode
* Two large vestibules provide plenty of space to store gear and protect it from the elements
* Tall-wide doors allow for comfortable access and expansive views outside for a more liveable interior
Sea to Summit's patent-pending Tension Ridge Architecture allows their tents to achieve more usable space, higher doors and superior venting and airflow in the Telos and Alto tents. Most lightweight tents have cross bars at the top of their tent that angle down. The Tension Ridge cross bar cantilevers up to raise the tent height and increase tent volume.
*Apex Vent: Positioned at the peak of the tent, the oversized Apex Vent efficiently expels rising warm air and humidity, preventing condensation build-up. Unlike most vent designs, the Apex Vent doesn’t require a mesh panel to maintain tension across the fly—allowing up to 70% better airflow. In conjunction with the Baseline Vents and oversized doors, the Apex Vent helps achieve exceptional climate control and airflow in the tents—and can be adjusted (or closed off) from the inside of the tent.
* Baseline Vent: Control airflow to manage humidity and condensation in wet conditions by opening or closing the Baseline Vents at the base of the tent. Face one of the Baseline Vents into the wind to achieve optimum airflow—without letting water in. In conjunction with our Apex Vent and oversized doors, the Baseline Vent helps achieve exceptional climate control and airflow in these tents—and can be adjusted (or closed off) from the inside of the tent.
Change your tent set-up to suit your needs—and the conditions. Take advantage of good weather with Inner Only Mode or Partial Fly mode. Socialise at camp with Hangout Mode (available with our Telos tents) or hunker down with the Dry Set-Up or Classic Mode.
Fairshare Storage System
The modular storage system allows you to split the load between your fellow campers or within your own pack, boat or bike. The stuff sacks that comprise this clever system are also dual-use. Clip them into place in your tent to create our light diffusing Lightbar and extra storage.
The tent pole bag doubles as a Lightbar—turning your headlamps into a tent lantern. Connecting to the ceiling with dedicated clip points, it uses light diffusing materials to cast warm ambient light.
Quick Connect Tent Feet
Attach and tension the fly with one hand using Sea to Summit's patent-pending Quick Connect Tent Feet. Achieve different set-up configurations—like Dry Set-Up, Fly Only and Hangout Modes—by connecting the fly directly to the pole tips. Finetune inner tension, stake distance and location on rocky or unyielding ground with our adjustable stake out points.
DAC make the best quality customised alloy poles by high precision processes. Sea to Summit uses a combination of Featherlite NSL, NFL and PRESSFIT poles of varying sizes to add rigidity and strength where it’s needed most. DAC’s Green Anodising process uses less toxic chemicals and less water than traditional techniques.
* Seasons: 3+ season
* Capacity: 2 person
* Minimum Trail Weight (Fly + Inner + Poles): 1.274kg
* Fly + Poles + Lightfoot Footprint Weight: 0.97kg
* Packed weight: 1.458kg
* Packed Size: 12 x 12 x 52 CM
* Floor Dimensions (L x W head/foot): 215 x 134/97 CM
* Floor Area: 2.5m2
* Vestibule Area: 1.7m2
* Peak Height: 105cm
* In Use Height: 111cm
* Number of Doors: 2
* Number of Poles: 1
* Pole Material & Diameters: DAC Featherlie NFL 8.7mm, PF 9.5mm & 9.8mm Anodised Aluminium
* Inner Canopy Fabric: 15D Polyester High-Airflow No-See-Um Mesh
* Floor Fabric: 15D Sil-PeU Coated Nylon Ripstop
* Floor Waterhead: 2500mm
* Fly Fabric: 15D Sil-PeU Coated Nylon Ripstop
* Fly Waterhead: 1200mm
* Footprint Available (Not Inlcuded): Yes
* Design Type: Semi-Freestanding
* Pegs Included: 9
CONSTRUCTION AND MATERIALS
* Silicone and Polyether Poly-Urethane (Sil-PeU) coated 15D fly fabric provides excellent hydrolytic stability for durable waterproof performance
* 1200mm waterhead 15D fly and 2500mm 20D floor, both with fully-taped and waterproof seams
* Ultra-lightweight 15D polyester high-airflow mesh for maximum ventilation and no-see-um insect protection
* DAC Featherlite NFL and PRESSFIT pole sections with varying diameters for maximum strength at minimum weight
* Strong 7075-T6 aluminium alloy Ground Control Light Tent Pegs provide secure anchoring thanks to the custom TriPoint, multi-notch design
* Easily adjustable Ground Control Guy Cords with quick-connect V-Toggles can be attached or removed from multiple guy loops to suit wind conditions
* Available accessories: Bigfoot Footprint, *Lightfoot Footprint, Gear Loft, additional Ground Control Light Tent Pegs and Guy Cords
Paddy Pallin is proud to stand behind the products we sell. Should you change your mind, you are welcome to return goods for a refund or exchange within 90 days from receipt of goods. Goods must be accompanied by proof of purchase, be in original purchase condition and include packaging. No returns on underpants, safety, face masks or climbing gear. Read our returns policy here.
Join the Paddy Pallin Club for $10 to receive a 10% discount on all future purchases. * Lifetime Paddy Pallin club membership includes benefits such as exclusive Club Member sales, promotions, and events! Click here to become a member today.
*Applies to ranged stock only. Not applicable to gift cards, services such as repairs, and Oxfam Trailwalker merchandise. Discount may not be used in conjunction with any other offer.